Powered By Blogger

About the Blog

This blog is about all the interesting stuff in the world that I see, and not all of it bores me! The blog name is just somethng cool I came up with. Now with a new look, and more tubas! Be sure to join the Facebook fan page if you like the blog.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Bean's Band Camp and Scheduling Confusion

Okay, so the schedules are available for viewing. On the computer, that is, not the skyward mobile app. Trust me, I tried to find it.
I will look on the computer ASAP, and tell u when I do.

Today is the second day of Bean's Band Camp. Yesterday, I had trouble curbing the instinct to do what we did at actual band camp(say "hut" when attention is called, say "hit" every four counts instead of every eight, etc.) but I did pretty well with very few mistakes. I'm kinda wanting to show Bean some of the marching things I learned at band camp, but idk.

Tomorrow is the house warming party. Bean will be coming(I asked yesterday), along with multiple other people. A few of Mom's friends, at least one set of neighbors, all that good stuff. Probably--er, no, MAYBE-- some relatives as well.

The washer here is really loud and it scared me at first. I thought it would explode or something. Now I'm used to it, though, so that's all good.

On the subject of band, we have three less people than last year. And I don't mean that we lost three seniors, I mean between the seniors leaving and the freshies incoming, we have three less people than last year. Thirty-three people will be in our band.
Comprised of:
Four flutes, six clarinets, four alto saxophones, one French horn, two oboes, one tenor saxophone, one Bari saxophone, four trumpets, three trombones, one baritone, two tubas, and five percussionists.
The sections with losses in membership:
Flutes, clarinets, and French horn.
Sections with gains in membership:
Saxes, trumpets, and trombones.
The other sections either gained as many as they lost(oboe, percussion, baritone), or just didn't gain or lose anyone(tenor and Bari sax, tuba).
Technically, we shouldn't have lost a baritone, but he seems to think he's quit. Luckily, a new freshie(and its a GIRL!!) came up to take his place. Yay for low brass girls!!!

I just had to put three exclamation points there.

While we're on the topic of band, for jazz band I'm gonna be playing the trombone! I'm pretty damn excited for that, because once I've got it down, I'll be the low brass master!!! Yeah buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment